Pre-natal and Post-natal Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy for Expecting Mothers Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Care
Pregnancy can be an exciting time however it can come with back, neck and hip pain. West Melbourne Physiotherapy can help you with a tailored program to help prevent pain and prepare you to become stronger after pregnancy.
We offer hands on relief for back, neck and hip as well as other pregnancy related discomfort. We also offer one on one strengthening training for your pre and post natal needs.
Prenatal Services offered at West Melbourne Physiotherapy:
- Advice and education relating to your fitness and health during the prenatal period including core strengthening, posture re-education and advice.
- Hands on treatment for avoiding and overcoming lower back and neck pain
- Commencement of pelvic floor and core strengthening training to prevent incontinence during and after pregnancy.
- Be in the best shape available to help pregnancy
- To prepare for and kickstart post pregnancy strengthening and to prevent future lower back discomfort.
Advantages of Pre-natal Physiotherapy exercises:
- Improving posture
- Improving muscle tone
- Strengthening of pelvic floor muscles
- Increasing one's sense of well-being
- Decreasing fatigue
Postnatal Services offered at West Melbourne Physiotherapy:
- Strengthening program for pelvic floor and core strengthening to help regain fitness following pregnancy
- Education and advice regarding correct posture and return to fitness/sport
- Prevent long term lower back pain and weakness
- Prevent post-pregnancy incontinence
- Return to work planning